Ohio Center for Law Related Education
The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education (OCLRE) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that provides civics, law, and government programming and training to teachers and students throughout the state (approx. grades 4-12). OCLRE programs align with Ohio Learning Standards and are designed to promote civic education and participation.
Manage and develop OCLRE programs and events in alignment with the organization’s mission and goals.
The incumbent will be responsible for efficiently managing and promoting the We the People and Moot Court programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These should not be construed as exclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Prepares and manages program timelines and budgets.
- Recruits and liaises with volunteers, including case and competition committees and competition judges.
- Works with Director of Programs to organize and guide committees to develop student case materials, and to ensure program competition rules are written, interpreted, and enforced as fairly and equitably as possible.
- Manages the relationship and communications with national partners in the We the People program, including but not limited to execution of grant-funded programs and research initiatives.
- Assists the Director of Programs in the planning and delivery of outreach and teacher professional development related to We the People, Moot Court, and other OCLRE program(s) as assigned.
- Works with designated program ambassadors (teachers, attorneys, et al.,) to identify opportunities for growth, resource creation, and outreach.
- Contributes to outreach activities through preparation of content for OCLRE’s website, newsletter, and social media.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated relevant work experience. Educational background or experience in the fields of education, law, government, or nonprofit work preferred.
- Project Management experience required, including a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities with precision and efficiency.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to track sensitive deadlines, and to professionally respond to and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Evidence of interpersonal skills and commitment to superior customer service to engage successfully with wide range of constituencies (attorneys, judges, educators, business leaders, public officials, and potential donors).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to draft complete and concise reports, stories and articles, and other correspondence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Commitment to the OCLRE mission and a high level of dedication to expand opportunities for the diverse range of teachers and students served by the organization.
Hours and Benefits
This is a full-time position scheduled to work a standard work week (Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week; hybrid work structure, approximately 2 days in office/week). Occasional evenings and weekends for peak program times and professional development activities.
Annual salary $40,000. Benefits package and Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
This is an exempt full-time position. The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education is an at-will employer that seeks to attract, employ, and retain highly skilled and motivated individuals, attempts to maintain staff continuity for the efficiency of its operations, and desires to foster and maintain an ethical, professional, and impartial work environment.
Interested candidates should send the following via email to Kate Strickland, executive director - firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter outlining applicant’s interest and relevant experience
- 2-3 professional references with contact information
For full consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and references. Please do not duplicate your application; no phone calls.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants will be contacted if selected for an interview.
The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about the Ohio Center for Law-Related Education, please visit oclre.org.